Barbara is a highly sought after speaker and has been invited to keynote at numerous conferences and other educational events across the country. She connects with the audience through engaging stories, sharing practical advice, and providing motivation that helps participants realize their potential.
Barbara is available to do keynote speeches and workshops on the following topics:
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Character Education
- Service Learning
- Social Action
- Gifted and Talented
Selected list of over 100 presentation to local, state, and national organizations:
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools, keynote
- Michigan State Alliance for Gifted Education, keynote
- Wisconsin Assn. for Environmental Education, keynote
- Confratute, The Summer Institute on the Gifted and Talented, keynote
- Utah Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development, keynote National Council for the Prevention of Crime, keynote
- Children’s Conference, North Carolina Programs for Gifted, keynote
- NAGC, National Association for Gifted Children World Conference for Gifted and Talented Children
- Seminars for teachers / students / administration / parents in many states, including: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin.
“Recommended Book for the Reluctant YA Reader” when talking about Kids With Courage.
The Teen Guide to Global Action is an excellent starting point for the many youth who want to turn their social concerns into social change.
Building Character With True Stories From Nature creatively weds character education with analogies from nature to help teachers promote both deep learning and positive character development in students…this synergy is just what education should be.